How to read billing reports
You can download invoices and analytical sales reports at any time.
You will download an Excel file that shows your sales record information.
Let's see in detail the meaning of each entry:
- Billing date → the invoice date (may differ from the order date as explained here).
- Order date → effective date of the order
- ISBN → code assigned to the item
- Title → item's title
- Authors → item's author
- Publisher → item's publisher
- Store → store from which the sale was recorded
- Sale type
- Order type → type of order according to the model applied
o Buy: transaction with download
o Rent: library loan
o Subscription: reading by subscription
o Coupon: a transaction linked to the use of a coupon code. Learn how to create your own coupon codes here.
Find the model type for each store in the list of the stores we collaborate with.
- List Price→ cover price excluding VAT
- Quantity → number of items sold
- Total list price → cover price excluding VAT, multiplied by the number of items sold
- Price model → sales model applied from the bookstore:
o Wholesale: the store acts as a Reseller and will establish the final sale price but will pay the publisher a commission percentage based on the price set by the publisher.
o Agency: the store that resells the book at the price set by the publisher
o Lending and Subscriptions: loans and subscriptions that usually have price models related to content consumption, rather than the cover price.
- Bill type → indicates the type of user, author, or publisher on which specific tax conditions are applied
- Discount % sale → library commission (you can check the commission on the list of the stores we collaborate with)
- Discount % distribution → commission for the distributor (StreetLib)
- Store payout → earnings reported by the store, net of VAT
- Store payout currency → currency of the sale transaction
- DRM → DRM cost (if applicable)
- Total print cost → printing costs (if applicable)
- Revenues → your revenue
- Currency → currency
- Exchange rate month → reference month for the application of the exchange rate (rate by which you can exchange one currency for another. E.g. It is used in conversions from $ to €. Being a variable element in time, the reference month
- is always specified)
- Exchange rate → applied exchange rate
- Converted price list → cover price net of VAT converted to Euros
- Total converted price list → cover price net of VAT multiplied by the number of items sold, converted to Euros
- Converted Revenues → your earnings, converted into Euros
- Converted Currency → currency from which the conversion was made to Euros (EUR)
- Country → where the sale was registered
- Infringement → indicates a possible reversal of an item’s sale you do not have rights for (violation of copyright)
- Item type → item type sold (ebook, audiobook, paperback)
- External ID → External ID (if applicable)
- Program type → software or tools used by the store (eg. Lending)
- Description → additional notes, if available from the original report