StreetLib and Il Narratore are adding an audiobook option. You will have two choices. You may create your own audiobook and upload it. Or we can do it for you. If you are interested, we will provide you with a free, no-obligation quote, and, if you entrust us with your audiobook’s production, we’ll handle all facets.
If you want to proceed with the production of your audiobooks on your own or through a third-party recording studio, here are our specifications:
- Upload your audiobook in one or more zip files, each an mp3 audio (mono or stereo) file (tracks). You can compress the tracks at two different speeds:
- 128 Kbps 44 Hz
- 192 Kbps 44 Hz if you want your audiobook to be available on Audible.The bit rate (click for a Wikipedia definition) cannot be variable.
- Audiobooks of medium-long duration (more than 10 hours), must be divided into at least 2 or 3 ZIP files. Name each ZIP as follows, taking care to order each file:
- The order of the zip files must be the same as the order of the work. Upload a sample, or preview, compressed at 128 or/and 192 Kbps 44 Hz.
- The 128 Kbps sample must last 3 minutes or less.
- The 192 Kbps must last from 5 minutes to 6 minutes.
How to rename and organize mp3 files:
- All tracks that make up the audiobook must be numbered progressively with 3 digits. Example:
Write the chapter number or name, adhering to the book’s Table of Contents, as much as possible. Make sure there are no blank spaces.
- Chapter names must be consistent - and all in uppercase, or all in lowercase.
- Do not use any of the following characters in the track names: ‘*”,> <| -- or accent marks on letters (à, è, ò, etc.)
- Each number and word of the name of a chapter must be linked by underscore (underscore: _)
- Names of mp3 files (including number and underscores) should not be longer than 50 characters.
- If a chapter or a piece of text is longer than 1 hour, divide it into two or more tracks:
- Name each mp3 folder or zip with the author's surname and the title of the work. A hyphen separates author and title, as in,
- If there are several folders or multiple zip files, you must enter ‘part_1’, ‘part_2’,: Example:
Hugo-Les_Miserables_part_1.zip, Hugo-Les_Miserables_part_2.zip, etc.
For better usability and display of mp3 files in various apps and audio players, all audio tracks and samples should incorporate ID3 TAGs and a 600x600 cover. You can find good software online, including free software or shareware that allows you to assign ID3 TAGs with ease. We recommend TAGSCANNER, and there are other free programs, as well.
- The book cover must be a .jpg, RGB 72DPI color profile, 2400x2400 px. Match the book title on the cover to the audiobook name. Hugo-Les_Miserables_2400.jpg.