StreetLib and Il Narratore have added an audiobook option. You will have two choices. You may create your own audiobook and upload it. Or we can do it for you. If you are interested, we will provide you with a free, no-obligation quote, and, if you entrust us with your audiobook’s production, we’ll handle all facets.
If you want to proceed with the production of your audiobooks on your own or through a third-party recording studio, here are our specifications:
- All audio must be provided as mp3 files
- Each file must have a constant bit rate of 192 Kbps 44 Hz
Make sure that the average sound level is not too low. We require an average sound level between -24 dB to -14 dB (RMS).
How to rename and organize mp3 files:
- All tracks that make up the audiobook must be numbered progressively with 3 digits. Example:
Write the chapter number or name, adhering to the book’s Table of Contents, as much as possible. Make sure there are no blank spaces.
- Chapter names must be consistent - and all in uppercase, or all in lowercase.
- Do not use any of the following characters in the track names: ‘*”,> <| -- or accent marks on letters (à, è, ò, etc.)
- Each number and word of the name of a chapter must be linked by underscore (underscore: _)
- Names of mp3 files (including number and underscores) should not be longer than 50 characters.
- If a chapter or a piece of text is longer than 1 hour, divide it into two or more tracks:
For better usability and display of mp3 files in various apps and audio players, all audio tracks and samples should incorporate ID3 TAGs and a 600x600 cover. You can find good software online, including free software or shareware that allows you to assign ID3 TAGs with ease. We recommend TAGSCANNER, and there are other free programs, as well.
- The book cover must be a .jpg, RGB 72DPI color profile, 2400x2400 px.
- Match the book title on the cover to the audiobook name.
- We suggest naming your cover file ISBN_Title.jpg.
- Audible doesn't accept free audiobooks. Also, be aware that you must enter at least 5 keywords to have your audiobook live on Audible.
For audiobooks which are one volume of a series: Each volume must be uploaded to StreetLib in the correct numerical order. So, before publishing Volume 3 of a series, Volumes 1 and 2 of that same series must be on StreetLib.
Name of the narrator is required. To add this information to the audiobook’s page, scroll the page to the “Metadata” section, click on the dropdown menu, select “contributor-nrt”, and fill in the field to the right.