Why your eBook is still not on Amazon/Apple/Google Play
Online bookstores, especially major ones like Amazon and Apple, have guidelines and perform thorough checks on the content they distribute.
If your book isn't online yet, it probably violates some of these guidelines.
Apple iBooks and Amazon
You can check for problems with distribution on Apple and Amazon directly from the Retailers feedback section of the stores on the Hub by clicking on Request, a report in .xlsx format will be generated which you will find and download after a few minutes in the Services> Report requests section.
There are two types of reports:
- Warnings — these ones do not remove your book from sale
- Errors - these ones remove your book from sale.
You can filter reports, will be able to filter the reports by date, ISBN or type of alert (warning or error).
If this page is blank, that means all your books meet the guidelines.
We recommend you fix both types of reports as soon as possible. Once you have done so, you can upload the corrected file as shown here.
Here are some of the most common warnings and errors:
- The price you have set for Apple is invalid. Books under €10 must end in .49 or .99, and over €10 must end in .99
- Your file contains images over Apple's 4-megapixel limit
- Your eBook has no table of contents, needed for both Amazon and Apple
- Your book contains links to a competitor's bookstore or the price of the book, which is forbidden by Apple and Amazon
- The cover has a size smaller than 1400 pixels. We advise you to enter a cover of at least 1875x2500 pixels so that it fits all our partner stores' requirements
- You have images in CMYK instead of RGB (Apple only accepts RGB, which is a better choice for digital images).
Find the detailed list of the most frequent errors recorded on Apple iBooks, here.
NB. If in the Feedback of the stores you find generic errors, but the messages with the related details are not visible or they are not clear to you, write to email@example.com.
If your book is still not on Google Play, there are different potential explanations:
- Your book is marked as being in the public domain. Google Play does not sell books that are in the public domain. Here are their content policies. You can read our help article for more information about Public Domain books.
If you accidentally reported that your book is in the public domain, follow our instructions to edit its information and select “no” in the "Public domain" field.
- If you have already sold your book on Google Play prior to using StreetLib— either directly or with another distribution platform — then Google will not sell the version published with StreetLib as it does not accept duplicates.
- Your eBook contains an image whose width or height is larger than 3200 pixels.
- Ensure you have done all the necessary steps to activate distribution on Google Play.