The cover is an essential part to any eBook. It will help get your book noticed, give it a visual identity, and boost sales. Doing it yourself risks making your book look unprofessional, and hurt your sales.
We always recommend you hire a professional designer, who will be able to capture the essence of your book.
If you are unsure where to find one, we provide two cover design services:
1) StreetLib Covers - personalised, one-to-one service with the world's best designers
2) Basic Cover Design on StreetLib Edit- our basic service for a professional cover at an affordable price. We will use the synopsis to design two cover proposals. It is therefore vital you provide a clear and complete synopsis. The cover will include:
- the title
- the author's first and last name
- a background image
It will be created by a professional graphic designer, and comply with all the norms for online bookstores. You will be notified when your proposals are ready. You can then choose your favourite.
If you already have your ebook cover, to ensure it is compatible and accepted by all stores, please follow the guidelines below:
- The cover must contain the title and the author's name.
- It must be provided within the ebook file that you upload, with a resolution of 600x800 pixels.
- In addition, you should upload an outer cover in a .jpg file with a resolution of 1875x2500 pixels. If you do not, the book might not be accepted by some stores, particularly international ones such as Amazon and iBookstore.
- It must not show any pornographic imagery.
- It must represent only the "front cover" (in the case of the eBook there is no spine and back cover).
- If you want to insert StreetLib's logo on the cover (optional), you can download it from this article and insert it with a simple picture editor (Gimp or equivalent). Watch our tutorial on how to do this.