Once you start adding books on StreetLib Publish, each gets a page where you can edit and manage all the metadata any time you want. Just go to Management>>Books and find the book you want to edit:
When done, don't forget to "Submit"!
To update the file of your eBook, remove the old file, click on "Add another format" and upload the new file. Your eBook should be updated in stores within 24-72 hours.
/!\ For the update to work, the ePub file needs to pass the ePub validation by ePubCheck here (you can also download, install and run the EPubCheck software, available at this address:https://code.google.com/p/epubcheck/). If you are creating your eBook with our web application StreetLib Write, you don't need to check: we already are delivering a file that passed the ePub check! :)
Please note furthermore:
- Unfortunately, Kobo doesn't manage automated updated for Fixed Layout epubs, so we need to send them a notification for them to update your eBook in it is a Fixed Layout Epub. To be able to do so, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the ISBN and title of your book so we can ask them to update your FXL file.
- On Amazon, the updates will be automated and in the delay indicated above, however the preview will take a bit longer to update. Please allow 7-10 days before the preview is updated. The content itself will be updated even if you still see the preview of the old version.
You can also update multiple files and metadata at once using batch upload:
- (eBook/cover) Multiple file update:
Go to Management>Batch upload, and:
1) Upload your files. If you are updating ebook files, make sure your books are in either ePub, Mobi or PDF format. If you are updating the cover, make sure it is in JPG format (recommended size: 1875 x 2500 pixels). For example, let’s say you want to update 2 books:
2) Download the XLS template and only complete the ISBN column and the FORMAT FILENAME column, then upload it as well.
Be sure to upload the ebook files first, and then the template.
- Metadata update:
To do so, you only need to use the template: simply complete the ISBN column and all those regarding the metadata you wish to update. Then delete all the other columns that you don’t need.
For example, here is what the template should look like if you want to remove several books from sale at the same time:
Once the upload is complete, you will be able to check if the update has been successful.