[This article is for users registered as private individuals]
First of all, you may want a definition of what a withholding tax is about Withholding tax.
- If you're living in the United States and Canada, you're going to be paid by StreetLib USA Inc. (American company). The details about your withholding tax are explained in a separate article;
- If you're living in Italy, you're going to be paid by StreetLib SRL (Italian company), and we won't have to apply any withholding tax from your royalties;
- If you're living elsewhere, you're going to be paid by StreetLib SRL (Italian company) and we will have to apply a 30% withholding tax in accordance with international law.
In the third case, you may be entitled to a reduced withholding tax. This will depend on the international treaties between Italy and your country of residence.
You can find out if you're eligible for a reduced rate by looking at the table below. If so, you simply have to provide us with a certificate of residence. For example, we take a 30% withholding tax from the royalties of authors from Holland, but if they provide us the certificate we can apply the reduced amount of 5%.
|Country||Withholding Tax||Withholding Tax|
|without certificate||with certificate|
StreetLib will automatically apply this withholding tax to the invoices generated for you.
To find out what withholding tax is being applied, simply visit your StreetLib Dashboard, then click on Sales -> Invoicing and look at your invoices:
- Without the necessary certificate of residence, we apply the full withholding tax.
- Once you have received this certificate from your Tax Authority, please scan it and send it as a PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following subject "Certificate of Residence of (your name)".
- If we don’t receive any certificate by the end of the quarter, we will proceed with the automatic billing of your income applying the standard withholding tax.
- Once the certificate is sent to StreetLib, it's all sorted. You don't have to send it again, and we won't bother you again with that.
WHICH CERTIFICATES DO I NEED?
Here are a few links to the certificate you must request from your country's tax authority:
- France: Click here to download the template
- Germany: Click here to download the template
- Turkey: Click here to download the template (you can also go to local offices)
- Denmark: you can get the certificate of residence here
- Norway: you can get the certificate of residence here.
If you are living in another country and have a direct link to the form, it'd be extremely helpful if you can send us that link! Many thanks :)