This article is for those who received our email on May 11, 2017 or on June 19, 2017 regarding the conversion of their eBooks into paperback (email subject: Your book in paperback, now!).
As mentioned in the email, your existing StreetLib Write eBooks have been converted into paperback, ready for publication on Amazon and StreetLib Stores. You will be able to find these versions in your Publish account or in the “My Books” section of “Print”.
All the converted books will:
- be in A5 format (148x210)
- be printed in black on white paper (80 gr)
- have a standard cover, with a solid color background and the synopsis printed on the back cover
- be assigned an ISBN for free
- have a cover price that covers printing and distribution costs, and ensures you earn a good profit!
How to update/change the content or cover?
You may wish to update your book’s contents and/or the standard cover. This can be done at any time directly from the Write section of your account. Easy instructions on how to do so can be found below.
If you encounter any problems when trying to edit your book’s content, do not hesitate to contact us.
Once you have finished modifying the content and/or information, all that is left is to send us the new files/information. Write to us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the book’s title and ISBN in the subject bar.
The first modification will be free. Any further changes will be charged at the standard rate.
- Login to Write
- Open the book project
- Click on "Content"
- Update the book accordingly
- Download the PDF, in A5 format (148x150) following the directions below.
N.B. If the changes involve a variation in the PDF format (you want to download and distribute it in a format other than A5), keep in mind that it will also change the number of pages and that the back cover will consequently be recalculated (see below).
- Open Write
- Open the project
- Click on "Paper Versions”
- Create your book cover by adding the image and any additional information. See our FAQs for help creating a cover page in Write.
You can calculate the size of the back of the cover with this simple formula:
B&W books = No. pages x 0.0572
Color books = No. pages x 0.0596
To distribute your eBook in color, you must download the color PDF in A5 (148x150) format.
- If you want to replace the PDF generated by us with a color PDF, you will need to recalculate the back cover (see above) and the sale price (see below).
You can change the price of your book at any time. Simply download the PDF from Write, check everything is okay and calculate the suggested price.
How to remove the paper version of your book
You can remove the paper version of your book(s) by sending us the list of books (Title + ISBN) via email as soon as possible.