With our partner OnDemandBooks, your book can be printed directly by the person purchasing it in a bookstore holding an Espresso Book Machine. To know where those machines are, you can check out their map here.
A few things to note about this partner:
- EBM print books with a maximum trim size of 203x266mm, so the “A4” trim size books (210x297) cannot be sold through EBM.
- EBM prints book between 40 and 800 pages so it's a bit different from our own specifications which means to be published everywhere you'll need to have a book between 51 (our minimum) and 800 (their maximum) pages.
- the EBM print only inside pages in Black and White (the cover of course can be in color) which means they'll print colored pages in Black & White (as showed below)
- For all the rest, the specifications are aligned with the ones detailed here.
- The minimum price for your book to be sold on the EBMs is $5+$0,015page to be certain to cover the printing expenses. (for instance, if you have a book of 146 pages, you should sell it at a minimum of
- OnDemandBooks will retain 75% of each sale to cover both printing and distribution costs; We'll retain our usual 10% distribution fee which leaves you with 15% of the book price as royalties.