- The minimum page number is 51 (If you don't reach this minimum, you can add pages of non-text such as a colophon, augment the font, reduce the format...)
- The maximum page number is 840 (it may be lower for some specific format, paper or content. You'll be notified if it is so)
- The pages of your PDF should be in the right format for print. The available formats are:
- A4 (8.27 x 11.69 in - 210 x 297 mm) - except for books with pages in color
- A5 (5.8 x 8.3 in - 148 x 210 mm)
- 4.5 x 7.5 in (115 x 190 mm) - avoid this format for books with more than 300 pages
- 6.7 x 9.4 in (170 x 240 mm)
- 5 x 8 in (127 x 203 mm)
- 5.2 x 8 in (133 x 203 mm)
- 5.3 x 8 in (135 x 205 mm)
- 5.3 x 8.2 in (135 x 208 mm)
- 5.5 x 8.9 in (140 x 226 mm)
- 6 x 9 in (152 x 228 mm)
Be sure to set the right format before you begin typesetting the pages of your book. If your book has an index, also make sure your pages are all correctly numbered and that the page numbers in the index match the places where notes are.
Remember you can download your PDF ready-for-print from StreetLib Write as shown here.
- Each page of the book must have identical format and dimensions.
- The minimum margins of all sides of the pages should be 16mm for books with less than 500 pages and 22mm for books with more than 500 pages, to avoid the text being too close to the borders or gutter.
- The pages can't contain bleeds, crop or printing marks or color frames.
If the books has pictures going to the edge of pages, the file should have 5mm bleeds on each side (for instance, for a book with full page pictures)
- The PDF file musn't be password protected.
- The PDF file mustn't be corrupted
- The PDF pages must be consecutively numbered, with no "gaps".
- The images and pictures included inside the book or on its cover:
- musn't be copyright protected
- need a 300dpi resolution
- the colored ones should be in CMYK
- the black and white ones should be in scales of greys
- The black text shouldn't be made in CMYK but 100% black (in books where there are colors elsewhere).
W/P: Okay, I think I can do it
SL: I'm sure you can! Actually, if you want us to take care of it for you, we offer this in our Edit services
W/P: ah okay! I didn't know that! But maybe I'll still do it myself
SL: Sure, no problem! Don't forget that our online editing tool StreetLib Write also allows you to prepare your file for print: it may be exactly the tool you need here. And it's completely free!