1) PAGE NUMBER:
- The minimum number of pages is 51:
We are unable to print books with fewer than 51 pages. Here are a few ways to increase the number of pages if needed:
- expand parts of your book (colophon, prologue, epilogue, etc.);
- increase the font size;
- choose a smaller book format.
- The maximum number of pages depends on a variety of factors:
The maximum number of pages is 828 for white paper and 740 for cream paper. However, it can also vary depending on book format and the choice of color or b&w printing. If you want your book in color and the number of pages is close to the above-mentioned limits, we recommend you contact our Customer Care team before uploading the project to Print.
The PDF pages must be consecutively numbered, with no "gaps".
A PDF ready for printing cannot contain more than 2 consecutive blank pages within the text, and no more than 10 blank pages at the end.
2) FORMATS: The pages of your PDF should be in the right format for print. The available formats are:
A4 (8.27 x 11.69 in - 210 x 297 mm) - except for books with pages in color
A5 (5.8 x 8.3 in - 148 x 210 mm)
4.5 x 7.5 in (115 x 190 mm) - avoid this format for books with more than 300 pages
6.7 x 9.4 in (170 x 240 mm)
5 x 8 in (127 x 203 mm)
5.2 x 8 in (133 x 203 mm)
5.3 x 8 in (135 x 205 mm)
5.3 x 8.2 in (135 x 208 mm)
5.5 x 8.9 in (140 x 226 mm)
6 x 9 in (152 x 228 mm)
10.7 x 8.3 in (273 x 210 mm) - horizontal and only in color with photo paper
8.3 x 8.3 in (210 x 210 mm) - square and only in color with photo paper
Be sure to set the right format before you begin typesetting the pages of your book. If your book has an index, also make sure your pages are all correctly numbered and that the page numbers in the index match the places where notes are.
Remember you can download your PDF ready-for-print from StreetLib Write as shown here. You can also ask for a "Book Layout Design" service via StreetLib Market.
3) MARGINS: The minimum margins of all sides of the pages should be 16mm for books with less than 500 pages and 22mm for books with more than 500 pages, to avoid the text being too close to the borders or gutter.
The pages can't contain bleeds, crop or printing marks or color frames.
If the books has pictures going to the edge of pages, the file should have 5mm bleeds on each side (for instance, for a book with full page pictures).
4) IMAGES AND COLOR PRINTS: The images and pictures included inside the book or on its cover:
musn't be copyright protected
need a 300dpi resolution
the colored ones should be in CMYK
the black and white ones should be in scales of greys
The black text shouldn't be made in CMYK but 100% black (in books where there are colors elsewhere).