The cover is an essential part to any eBook. It will help get your book noticed, give it a visual identity, and boost sales. Doing it yourself risks making your book look unprofessional, and hurt your sales.
We always recommend you hire a professional designer, who will be able to capture the essence of your book.
If you are unsure where to find one, we provide two cover design services:
1) StreetLib Covers - personalised, one-to-one service with the world's best designers
2) Basic Cover Design on StreetLib Edit- our basic service for a professional cover at an affordable price
If you already have your ebook cover, to ensure it is compatible and accepted by all stores, please follow the guidelines below:
- The cover must contain the title and the author's name.
- It must be provided within the ebook file that you upload, with a resolution of 600x800 pixels.
- In addition, you should upload an outer cover in a .jpg file with a resolution of 1875x2500 pixels. If you do not, the book might not be accepted by some stores, particularly international ones such as Amazon and iBookstore.
- It must not show any pornographic imagery.
- It must represent only the "front cover" (in the case of the eBook there is no spine and back cover).
- If you want to insert StreetLib's logo on the cover (optional), you can download it from this article and insert it with a simple picture editor (Gimp or equivalent). Watch our tutorial on how to do this.