For every sale made, the publisher (publishing house or author publishing his book) earns 60% of the cover price (excluding VAT).
The remaining 40% is distributed as follows: 10% to StreetLib and 30% to the eBook stores where the eBook has been purchased.
With the exception of the stores that apply the Wholesale model, that are Amazon and Kobo outside from the European Economic Area, and Google Play for all the world.
For details about it read this article, please.
For every sale of your book here are your royalties:
- If the purchase comes from a user who resides in Italy, wherein the VAT rate for ebooks is 4%, your earnings will be equal to 2,99 / 1,04 * 0,60 =€1.725
- If the purchase comes from a user who resides abroad, we have to consider the VAT rate that is in force in the Country wherein the user resides: to calculate the earnings of the authors for each sale, we have to divide the cover price for this VAT rate, and then multiply this result for 0,60.
The invoicing is completely automatic.
You can receive the payment of the earned amounts either by bank transfer or through PayPal (worldwide except US where it's soon to come). More details about billing profiles here.
- Paypal: if you decide to receive money by PayPal you have to know that:
- Paypal applies a commission of 3,4% + 0,35€ on every transaction. Therefore if for instance StreetLib pays you €100, you'll receive an amount of €96,25.
- The lowest threshold to receive payments at the end of every quarter is €30.
- Bank transfer: if you write us an IBAN and you decide to receive money by bank transfer you have to know that:
- The bank commission is almost always at the expense of the subject who makes the payment, therefore if you decide to receive payments through bank transfer you shouldn't pay any commission. But to be sure we suggest you verify your situation with your bank;
- The lowest threshold to receive payments at the end of every quarter is €200 (outside the US).
- The lowest threshold to receive payments at the enf of every month is $60 (US)